My Blog is a place where I share information about nutrition, health and wellness, and sometimes just daily life! Hope you enjoy!






Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools



Friday, May 18, 2012

Today is Friday-#1 positive of the moment! I am finding so many people around me that are looking to eat better and take care of themselves; it is truly uplifting and exciting! As I continue to use Myfitnesspal.com I feel myself getting healthier, whether that’s true or not who knows but at least I am conscious of the calories I have been consuming. The next step is to get back to exercising-because as we all know that is not always easy to keep up. So I’m writing today because I felt like jotting down my thoughts on current situations not because I have any profound information J I received a recipe today in my email from Kathy Freston, she’s lovely and an inspiration to all the wanna be healthy eaters out there. She is all about leaning into a healthy lifestyle so if you don’t think going anywhere near plant based is for you she talks about how to do it, one step at a time. The recipe she sent is below; I am determined to make this in the next few weeks as it sounds AMAZING. Let me know if anyone makes it and what they think!

French Toast with Fruit Compote   
Makes 4 servings

For the French Toast:
1 cup soy milk
2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. vegan butter
8 slices of whole grain bread
Veggie sausage
Maple syrup to taste

·  Whisk together the soy milk, flour, cinnamon, and vanilla.
·  Dip the bread into the soy milk mixture and soak for a few seconds until some of the liquid is absorbed but not mushy.
·  Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a skillet. Cook the bread until golden on both sides. Serve with the compote and a side of veggie sausage.

For the Compote:
2 cups strawberries, sliced
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blueberries
2 Tbsp. orange juice or 2 Tbsp agave nectar (optional)

·  Cook the berries in juice over medium-low heat until soft and warm. Season with agave to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment