My Blog is a place where I share information about nutrition, health and wellness, and sometimes just daily life! Hope you enjoy!






Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools



Monday, February 8, 2016

Tofu Scramble Happiness


When I have time to make breakfast I love to make a tofu scramble. For years I have tried to perfect my recipe and although it changes from time to time the below recipe is what I tend to start with. I took the recipe from one of my favorite bloggers the Minimalist Baker and changed it a bit. The picture of my creation is on my website, which you might have seen to get to this recipe! The tofu scramble is a great breakfast to start your day, protein, fiber and vegetables! 


Tofu Scramble Happiness
Serves about 2 or 1 person for two breakfasts!
8 oz extra firm tofu (organic if possible)
1 tbsp olive oil (about)
2-3 cups of organic spinach
½ a purple onion (can sub with white onion)
½ red or yellow bell pepper
2 garlic cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tsp mustard powder
 -Take out tofu and dry by putting paper towel around it and putting something heavy on top in order to help liquid drain out
-While the tofu is drying out make a sauce by combining the mustard powder, turmeric and salt and pepper with a little bit of water or oil to make an almost pourable sauce
-After slicing the onion, mincing the garlic cloves and cubing the bell pepper add them to a pan with the olive oil
-While this is going on cut the tofu and use a fork to crumble into small pieces.

-Take the tofu and mix it with the sauce created earlier and then put the tofu into the pan with the onion, garlic cloves and bell pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment