My Blog is a place where I share information about nutrition, health and wellness, and sometimes just daily life! Hope you enjoy!






Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools



Thursday, July 21, 2016

Anxiety. Post #1

Anxiety. Just the word is enough to send some people over the edge, into that abyss that can feel like falling and falling, with your heart racing, your muscles tensing and well the list can go on and on depending on your specific symptoms. I have tried many things over the years to combat my anxiety but the truth is, it's an ongoing battle, one that you have to take time out of your day to fight. Even if you are on drugs like Wellbutrin XL, Lexapro. Prozac, Zoloft or any of the other ones out there on the market today, anxiety can still take hold of you. Of course these drugs have side effects and finding the right one can take time, as well as the back and forth figuring out which combination will allow you to function during the day, and hopefully function well!

I made the highly personal decision to come off of my Wellbutrin XL earlier this year. It was not something I came to lightly as I knew I would "feel" a lot more, possibly sink back into depression, be crippled by anxiety or both. It is a daily battle, to win against depression and anxiety. Different days hold different feelings and different ways to pull through, and to pull through with happiness! Most days I take at least an hour to ensure I’ve done something that is in my self-care arsenal whether it be yoga, spinning, running, using my essential oils, eating with friends at a vegan eatery or really anything that makes me feel happy. We do not place enough emphasis on doing things that make ourselves happy and I am determined not to fall into that trap again! 

I wasn't even sure I was going to post this blog publicly as it can be a really personal topic for some but I decided to go ahead and share it, maybe it will help someone out there who sees it and needs a little pick me up or some information. Many people are more free with discussing everything they experience related to the anxiety/depression they suffer from. We pair those conditions together so lightly but as many of us who suffer from either or both know, each one has it's own issues and affects on each person.  


My most used tool in my self-care toolbox is definitely my collection of essential oils. There are so many oils out there to support a truly healthy lifestyle! One of the oils I always always always carry is my lavender oil (among Frankincense, Peppermint and Thieves). There are many peer reviewed, double blind, placebo studies that tout the benefits of lavender oil in relation to anxious feelings. I have experienced it for myself and can only say the best things for my personal self care. There are so many studies on lavender and you should definitely take a look on pubmed.gov to get the whole story!



If you have any questions about oils, foods or other natural products feel free to reach out! I love talking about foods and oils and ways to help heal your body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment