My Blog is a place where I share information about nutrition, health and wellness, and sometimes just daily life! Hope you enjoy!






Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools



Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day #2 of Vegan eating

Good morning everyone! Day two of my own personal Vegan journey. I have to say, anyone who wants to go Vegan the BEST way to do it is to have Anita cook for you for four days and Kalima help you to truly LOVE YOUR BODY just the way it is! So I'm still on the high from the most amazing, eye opening weekend! I didn't have time to meditate this morning but I'm not overly concerned, I did get to shower (normally I shower at night) and that is a meditation in itself! So it will be a struggle today to not get depressed as I have a long day and it involves sitting at this job for 8 hours but I can do it! Last night I made one of Anita's dressings, a fantastic Vegan Blue Cheese-my boyfriend's brother LOVED it so hopefully I'll enjoy it as I didn't really taste it last night. Recipe is below:


Anita’s Raw Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
1 avocado
1/4 cup raw cashews
3 tbp lemon juice
1 tsp horseradish
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, or to taste
1/3 cup to 1/2 cup water, depending on desired consistency
optional: 1 tbp nutritional yeast

Blend all ingredients on high speed until smooth. Adjust seasoning, if necessary, or add a splash of water to get a thinner consistency, and re-blend. Pour onto your favorite salad and toss, or serve alongside crudites.

How tasty does that sound?! And indeed it is! What a great resource!

No comments:

Post a Comment