My Blog is a place where I share information about nutrition, health and wellness, and sometimes just daily life! Hope you enjoy!






Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools



Thursday, June 16, 2011

Faux sausage

A good friend of mine put together the connection between what she eats and the way she feels which obviously thrills me! I am so happy when people come to this conclusion on their own! So she asked me about faux meat, now I really haven't had much, not that wasn't homemade anyway. So below is a photo of this fantastic sausage that I had during my first weekend experiencing vegan food, so tasty and clearly better for you than the regular pork version, which by the way I always hated, like HATED. So, this sausage was a pleasant surprise, the ingredients in the apple smoked one that I had, and again really enjoyed! are below:

Ingredients (Smoked Apple Sage): Filtered Water, Wheat Protein (Vital Gluten Flour), Expeller Pressed, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Yukon Gold Potatoes, Non-Sulfured Washington State Dried Apples, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Barley Malt Extract, Fresh Garlic, Torula Yeast, Natural Liquid Smoke Flavor, Black Pepper, Spices, Rubbed Sage.



2 comments:

  1. For gluten free vegans faux meat is a hugely sad topic. Namely because in the beginning when you're having serious meat cravings there's nothing out there to ease the pain because almost all faux meats contain vital wheat gluten. Get it, its not even just gluten its VITAL gluten. Serious shit. Perhaps leah can post a fab recipe for faux meat sans wheat. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I know Hayl! I will 100% post about more gluten free things as well as a lovely recipe for gf faux meat! Thanks for commenting....I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete