My Blog is a place where I share information about nutrition, health and wellness, and sometimes just daily life! Hope you enjoy!






Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools



Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday.

There are two main things I'd like to share this morning:

#1-I think we all need to take control of our lives and make a change, if that's what we're looking for.  Many of us just sit idly by as our lives continue on or worse yet, many of us wish away our time, how many times have you said, 'I wish it were Friday! Or please let this week go quickly I hate what I'm doing!' Probably more times than you can count. This isn't the way we should be living, we should be excited or least decently happy to get up in the morning do something for the next 8+ hours. My family and I discussed this last weekend, what makes certain people wish to change the world and others just content to mosey along until the next event in their lives? A question I'm sure many have analyzed. We must try to live to our potential, to listen to ourselves and figure out what the next step is in our lives to really fulfill our destiny, our desires, our true and happy lives. 

#2-A lovely dinner from last night:
This beautiful picture below is courtesy of my best friend Brittany, she has been cooking so much lately, and such amazing things! This is a tofu stir fry with bell peppers and brown rice-YUM. You can obviously sub whichever veggie you want, I enjoy sautéing the grain that I use in the same pan (after it's cooked of course) as all my veggies and garlic, it gives it fantastic flavor! Many complain that tofu is too soft or not tasty (even though it takes on whatever flavors you give it) but I figured out a way to make it crunchy last night for my own dinner! Of course I forgot to take a picture of it, even though it was beautiful green kale with garlic and crispy tofu on top. To make it even more ridiculous, my wonderful boyfriend had just gotten me a new camera!

A bit on Tofu:
Buy organic! Or a brand that says it doesn't use GMO soy beans. I will be continuing to discuss the issues I have with GMO products, who wants to eat something that isn't actually from nature? Can't even be made with nature's ingredients!? It's all CHEMICALLY engineered (this means chemicals and science projects to figure out what's in your food)! No thanks. I kept the rant short :) Many take issue with eating soy everyday; the jury is still out on this. The idea that too much soy causes an excess of estrogen, which can help cancer cells grow if you have them, however they still haven't proved this without a doubt, and my personal opinion is you would need A LOT of soy to cause this issue. Just keep your diet varied, that's the key to everything!!
 


I took extra firm organic tofu, put it in a bowl with panko bread crumbs, covered it as much as I could (tofu doesn't always allow things to stick to it) then I put it into a pan in the oven. I topped it with a little bit of the garlic I had been sautéing and a little bit of olive oil. I put it in there for about 20 minutes on 350 degrees but you could probably cook it lower, this was my first time trying this so feel free to try your own way as well.  I had been sautéing my kale on VERY VERY low heat with a little bit of olive oil (I need to cut down on the oil, my body was less than thrilled with it), such a beautiful green! The finished kale was then put on a plate with the now crispy tofu, delicious! All in all Brittany and I had wonderful meals that we were excited to share! Promise I'll get my act together with the pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment